A native word meaning “place where the alder trees grow”
Bounded by Evans Ave south to Horner Ave, the railway west to the Etobicoke Creek
Brown’s Line interestingly enough originated as a cow track to the first settler, John Brown circa 1850. The first streets were planned in a simple grid pattern with names from the Greek alphabet (Beta, Gamma, Delta)
Characterized by single family homes, most of which were constructed as post-war bungalows. Many of the original homes are still in use today, but increasingly the smaller bungalows and one and a half storey structures are being replaced with single family new construction homes included on subdivided lots.
Walk to Sherway Gardens, Alderwood community centre (library, child care services, pool, skating rink & tennis courts), Farmboy fresh market, Il Pae pizzeria, Starbucks & BurritoBoyz
Access to all highways, Kipling station, the Long Branch loop and GO via Brown’s Line.
Start by registering to receive new listings as soon as they hit the market.